Tuesday 15 November 2011

China - Beijing/Shenzhen

So here is the deal with China. 
In August when we had orientation for Education, our professors briefly mentioned to us that we may have a chance to do our advanced practicum in China. Just a brief mention of it and I was intrigued.
Ever since I was young I have known that I wanted to teach, but it wasn't until later on in life when I realized that I wanted to teach internationally. 
China feels like the perfect place to start for me. New Brunswick's Department of Education has built a strong relationship with China, and if selected, I will either be working in a school in Beijing or Shenzhen (my heart is set on Shenzhen, but I will be thankful for any placement that I receive) 
Here is how the application process will work:
In our Education program there are two practicum blocks; the first one is a 3 week practicum block that is coming up in two weeks, and the second is our advanced practicum block which is 7 weeks, from March 26th - May 14th. This is when I will (hopefully) be going to China, although if we are chosen to go, our practicum is changed from a 7 week to an 8 week, so I would be there until May 18th. 
So as I continue to update my blog, I will include entries with how my China process is going. The application process has two steps; first, I am to complete the application form (at this time, we have just received our application forms and I am in the process of completing this - it must be in by November 29th!) After my application is received, I will be going through an selection intervie. Following this interview my application will be shared with AEI (Atlantic Education International) who will make the final selection! 
By December 16th, I will know if I am selected or not to travel to China! 


Please send me as many positive vibes as possible, wish on every 11:11, pray for me in every way that you can & believe with me that I will get this amazing opportunity. There is nothing that I need more than this in my life right now. To know on December 16th that I can look forward to an opportunity such as this would be an incredible feeling! 
Hopefully you will enjoy following me on this journey through the ups & downs and the anxiety of finding out! Also, I hope to be writing this blog from either Beijing or Shenzhen, China in about 4 months! (fingers crossed)

1 comment:

  1. okay. this is proof that we have been apart way too long - i had no idea about this. i am sending ridiculous amounts of vibes your way in hopes you will get this opportunity! so proud of you for always chasing your dreams - this would be so awesome! and glad yous tarted a blog so at least SOMEHOW i can keep up with your life!! love you. xo

    ReplyDelete